OSD

The OSD forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Private
Private

Male
Number of posts : 2
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : guest
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????   Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:36 pm

Come on people... This school is doing business or trying to educate us?
What's this new law against ADSL?? If you doon't know i inform you, the school prohibited the ADSL because according to them, "the use of ADSL reduce the school Internet profit." I'm sure that they'll say something else later like, the student using ADSL make everthing messy, cables everywhere... But just tell me, what do you think of their Internet Connection?? if crap raise your hands cheers.. I have been using it for a while then after 2 days I gave up, this is not a connection, it's like using Dial up Modem 12.5 Bits per second.

Well I'm deeply against this new law, and I hope that you'll say something here!!!

Don't worry this forum is ours, it doesn't belong to the school so nobody is going to blame you!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nanz
Private First Class
Private First Class
nanz

Female
Number of posts : 16
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : IET04
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: against!!!!   Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:52 pm

i got this news yesterday night from my neighbor and then i rushed outsid e to check up the notice...really i think the sch obviously taking away our freedom.....it is just a minor thing...like you bought a washing machine then you need to inform the sch ma?? this cannot be understood rite? Mad
and wht i heard besides that is if still we continue or ignore the sch then we will be stopped by cutting up our electricity!!!

SO if those wanna install ADSL...do wait..and see wht action the sch will take soon as there will be students from wht dormitory dept come and check our dorm ..they may say it's for hygiene be may be they are spy from school!!!! HELL scratch

and here i can give a good suggestion by using the wireless in case we really install secretly....btw i will inform all if there is any latest news.THANKS and do support us!! AGAINST!!!
clown clown

nancy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
Private
Private
Ian

Male
Number of posts : 8
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : FQS06
Registration date : 2006-09-28

PostSubject: Re: SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????   Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:58 am

i am really surprise that this sch will setup this kind of the rule...
it is our right to choose ADSL or the Sch net for our internet
connection... i just apply the 1 yrs plan for the international
internet connection from sch 2 days ago... and i found out that it is
wrose than my high sch in canada... it just like a 10kb/s on the
download speed...and it is not really international service... i can't
reach to some website i usually go to... it is the wrost internet
service that i have never used b4

SO i am going to AGAINST this rules... planning to get my ADSL after the 10.1 holidays...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Napole
Emperor
Emperor

Male
Number of posts : 46
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : CM04
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????   Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:01 am

Laughing I'm pleased that a new student noticed that, cuz ppl will think that we maybe complain alot. Well if u paid only 150 for a year, u maynot have the internatinal service, so u have to pay 300. But if u wanna applay for the ADSL, go ahead but just tell the adsl company to give u the modem, and u'll install it by ur own. It's pretty easy don't worry.

View user profile http://osd-jnu.lolbb.com
Shaii
Private
Private

Female
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : CM06 Spring
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Noooooooooooooooooo   Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:26 pm

OMG....Are you guys serious???....the school actually made such a rule...CAITA....thats sooo slack!....Man, school sux ass... i was planning to get ADSL....hmmmm, looks like we gotta shelf that idea for a bit then....ArGhHhHhHhHhHhhhhhhh:(Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
Private
Private
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????   Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:46 pm

hey guys,
i got some information that the school with gonna check out all the school residence in this two months(OCT/NOV)...
so maybe we can wait for a moment to get ur ADSL service... if u dun have one now...Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jenjen
Corporal
Corporal
jenjen

Female
Number of posts : 25
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : iet03/04
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: It's so easy to get around the school regulations!   Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:15 pm

Ok as my subject states, it is easy to get around the school regulations. I use to live in dorm and yes i used ADSL since there were so many problems accessing foreign net sources. Well for starters the China Telecom technicians know about the problems/restrictions for installation of ADSL in Jinan dorms. First you have to go to their office Gang Ding (Computer Center) office and pay for the adsl it's about $700 something for one year. Secondly u should get their call the following day informing you that they're coming, when the technician does this tell him or more like remind him that the school has the ADSL installation restriction and that you will like to install it urself. Note that installing it urself is a real breeze so easy, just plug, plug and presto! If you need help you can always ask any of us seniors on this forum. Ok most important thing is to ask the techician to meet you some where out of the view of your building security/maintenance people (suguan) for example a few buildings away. Dont worry and no need to be paranoid on this part...yep just sign and take the stuff back. As for the school checking dorms...just hide it! throw a cloth over it. Oh and usually when they're coming up to check they post a notice on the board, so whenever the time comes (make sure ur roommate doesn't sell you out on this one lol tongue or to help you if ur not in dorm...to hide the ADSL unit.... It's fools proof!
Hope this was helpful and good luck guys! albino
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendster.com/jenjenlin
jackalhunter
Private
Private

Male
Number of posts : 2
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : MBBS
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: what will the SU do on this issue???   Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:02 am

i know many students are not happy with the school dorm policy on this issue......so, can our SU do something for us on this issue??? it's time to act for our students
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
Private
Private
Ian

Male

PostSubject: Re: SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????   Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:38 pm

jackalhunter wrote:
i know many students are not happy with the school dorm policy on this issue......so, can our SU do something for us on this issue??? it's time to act for our students

yeah many school dorm. policies are really bad & suck...
like the curfew and the supplying of hot water are made me mad...
1. opinion of the curfew:
we are adults, we know what we should do and what dun shouldn't do...
we dun need a curfew at 12am every night...
2. supply of hot water...
our SU or other clubs are always having activities during the night time...
usually when the students back to their dorm., they dun hv hot water for their shower...
also many foreign students (including me) usually will take shower to refresh/clean their body in the morning... so it is ridiculous to set a time peroid to supply hot water... and not allow to install a water heater in our room...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Napole
Emperor
Emperor

Male
Number of posts : 46
Grade (Ex:IET04 or guest) : CM04
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????   Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:11 pm

well hope you aint in the dorm during holidays, no hot water at all... Even in winter!! Well i complained, but nothing, if nobody add his voice to mine, how can I do? But it's ok now lol i'm not living in the dorm now Razz

View user profile http://osd-jnu.lolbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????   

Back to top Go down

SCHOOL AGAINT ADSL????
Page 1 of 1